The whole 30 journey has taught me how to make simple meals with a few quality ingredients. It’s a wonder that just 5 ingredients can make a soup so delectable that you wish you had made more! My soups always double as sauces but this recipe yields exactly one serving ,I wish I had made more of this asparagus and garlic soup.After tasting this ,I badly want to try making chicken with the sauce version of this soup.I am sure it will be mind epic blowing!!
One word of caution though! Don’t eat a hot soup and frozen grapes together.I wasn’t sure which I liked more and which would lose the right temperature so I ended up interspersing the soup with the grapes and my ears are popping now.
The hero of this dish is the asparagus and garlic so it doesn’t matter what your liquid is.If you are not fond of coconut milk you can add almond milk. If you are not on whole 30 or paleo you can add milk.The consistency is very creamy but you have to invest food processor time to make sure it is well blended.
Diets -Paleo ,Whole 30,Keto
Serves: 1 cup
- Asparagus-100 gms
- Garlic cloves-5
- Coconut Milk-100 ml
- Olive oil-1 tbsp divided
- Salt to taste
- Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Saute crushed garlic cloves in ½ tbsp of the olive oil at low heat.
- Add the asparagus and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add coconut milk .Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes on low heat.Alternatively you can pressure cook it for 3 whistels.
- Let it cool a bit before you blitz it in a food processor.Make sure you take your time at this stage so that the soup is extra smooth.
- Add half a cup of water and heat the soup before serving