What is life without chips and crisps..ammm..a thin life maybe..:D
What if you could make chips without all those crazy periodic table additives and litres of oil? What if you are actually consuming nutrients instead of garbage?
Well behold BAKED BANANA CHIPS..Bake away any kind of root veggie or banana!
On my recent Kerala Trip looking at these young guys casually dropping the banana chips in the hot oil from a height using a desi mandolin at a speed of a freaking Ferrari and looking thoroughly bored in life , inspiration struck!!I visualized myself doing the same on a baking tray!!I earned to be cool like that and use a mandolin and causally drop my perfectly shaped chips on my baking tray..but what I didn’t realise was that I obviously don’t posses that panache !hmmmfff..i shut up and took my sharpest knife and got to work studiously and sliced my raw bananas..:p
- 1 large raw Banana(green)
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Mint(optional)
- Roasted Cumin(optional)
- Remove the Banana Peel using a sharp knife.Slice the banana using a sharp knife.
- Toss in the 1 tsp oil.
- Place the banana slices on the baking tray.Make sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake at 180 degree for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix in the salt,pepper,dried mint and Cumin.
Here is your mindless snack ready!