As I was writing my black currant scones post I suddenly got up from the table and decided to make savory scones!!The fact of the matter is that they are sooo simple to make that it’s a joy!!Anytime u want to make them its a matter of 20 minutes including the prebake time!
The ingredients and so simple and minimal that it’s almost a health recipe.Next i am going to try making it with whole wheat flour.When I made this recipe I was so so tired that i made a number of blunders…so i had to redo it again..but now i can tell u..do not put baking soda in milk you use to make the dough cause the only thing u will be left will be froth.Also triple shift!!!
but if you aren’t tooo sleepy or tired or otherwise absent-minded the instructions are simple to follow..:D
Baking Powder-2 teaspoons
mixed herbs-1 tablespoon
Roasted garlic-2 teaspoon
Butter-2 tablespoon-cut into small pieces
- Mix flour,salt,baking powder.Triple sift the mixture so its well combined
- Add the paprika,herbs and roasted garlic and mix well
- Add the butter cut in small pieces and rub it with the dry mixture by hand to form a coarse meal.A few lumbs of butter will make the scone flaky so you can leave them as such
- Add the cheese and again combine.Pour the milk in and make a sticky dough out of it.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle and then fold the dough length wise thrice(like a letter).Again roll and repeat the folding process.This will result in layers being formed in the scone.
- Keep in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.Brush lightly with milk to get a brown hue on the scones.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 240 degrees for ten minutes or till the top is light brown.
Enjoy with special cream cheese green onion dip..:D