Avocado fever has officially struck me. How do I know this? I buy 5 avocados at a time and I can now judge the levels of ripeness of my avos like a pro! I even time them according to my scheduled travels! Like last weekend I was in Chennai so I left 2 beautiful avocados along the windowsill to ripen into beautiful umami goodness, which I could use to make a chocolate mousse.
It is so simple that you can give the dessert duty to your kids (or husband). Only make sure that the avocado not over or under ripe cause it will make the mousse bitter.(not the bitter chocolate bitter).
The texture of the mousse is very light and airy. One can never understand how avocado and chocolate can ever complement each other but believe me the avocado adds certain creaminess to the mouse that even actual cream cannot.
What’s more! The demon that pops up evertime you eat a chocolate fantasy is not going to trouble you this time. He will be forced to rest, cause this mousse doesn’t contain any of the high calorie ingredients used to make an actual mousse.
Serves: 2 servings
- Brown Sugar/Coconut Sugar/White Sugar-1 tbsp(i used brown)
- Dark Chocolate- 6-7 squares(i used Bournville)
- Cocoa Powder-2 tablespoon
- Salt-a pinch
- Milk-Almond/Ordinary-2 tablespoon
- Mint-For Garnish
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds to 1 minute till it has melted.Let it cool.
- In a food processor add the avocado,milk,sugar,Cocoa powder and salt.Blend to get a smooth paste.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend again.
- Serve in ramekins and garnish with mint leaves.