My cheesecake curse is broken!!!!2 great outcomes in a month and 2 very different flavors! I think I am on a roll! It was meant to be a dessert for a friend’s party and I couldn’t keep my hands off it! I used to sneak into the kitchen when nobody was watching and quickly have a piece. So Yeah..It was that amazing!Extra chocolaty…extra rich…Oreo based chocolate cheese cake with a chocolate ganache topping..I thank http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-thornton/deepest-darkest-chocolate-cheesecake-recipe/index.html for posting the recipe of chocolate cheesecake.I have changed a few things in it according to my whims..:D..it has come out heavenly!
I was scared about the right baking time but I think I managed fine..:D..It was slightly wobbly when I stopped the baking but I kept it inside the oven so that the temperature drops slowly and I don’t get a crack on the cheese cake. The whole process takes long but the outcome is soo rewarding!!!:D..
Your food processor works just fine for it!You don’t have to bake the cheese cake in a water bath. The only thing to remember is that you have to refrigerate it before eating it.Preferably overnight as the cheese cake has to set.
If you are a chocolate fan you would have worshipped it!!!:D
Serves: 8 servings
- Oreo-2 packets
- Butter-¼ cup
- Bitter sweet chocolate-1/2 cup
- Castor sugar-¾ cup
- Cocoa powder-1/6 cup
- Cream Cheese-2.5 packages (16 ounces)(450 gm)
- Black Coffee-1 tablespoon
- Heavy cream-3/4 cup
- Chocolate-bitter sweet-½ cup
- Black coffee-1 tablespoon
- Scrape off the cream from all oreo biscuits.
- Put all but 6 individual pieces in the processor with the butter(at room temperature) and make a dough which is a little lighter than the cookie dough. You can add or reduce the amount of butter accordingly.
- Prepare a springform pan by lining it with butter/baking sheet. Spray it with cooking spray along the sides and bottom.
- Spread the Oreo mixture in the prepared pan(0.5-1 cm thickness).Press and even it out using a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I refrigerated it overnight.
- Keep the cream cheese out so its at room temperature and pliable.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and let it cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream cheese in the processor till its light and fluffy(1-2 minutes)
- Add the Sugar and cocoa and whisk well.
- Add one tablespoon of strong black coffee.
- Add the egg one at a time and whisk again.
- Add the chocolate and combine the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan(With the crust).
- Smooth the top and bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- The middle of the cheese cake should still be wobbly.Let it sit in the oven till it comes to room temperature.
- Run a knife along the edges to make it loose.Wrap it with a cling film and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Heat the chocolate and the cream in a pan at medium flame or in the microwave.
- Add the one teaspoon of black coffee.
- let it cool and come to room temperature.It will thicken considerably after refrigerating for 1 hour.
- With a spoon spread the topping generously on the cheesecake.
- Serve chilled.
This is a pic of the chocolate cheese cake I recently made for a friend’s birthday.The chocolate used is different and hence doesn’t look as dark as the pics on top.