These are addictive and so make with caution!
These brownies sort of just happened. I wanted to bake and I was out of baking soda that’s when I started searching for recipes which were heavy on chocolate and light on baking soda. As always Jamie Oliver had the answer to this conundrum.(Side note:I love him!I love him! I love him!..He is so inspiring!!! I hope to meet him one day!).Jamie Oliver calls them Bloomin Brilliant Brownies.
For this recipe I suggest you use good quality chocolate and not the compound chocolate(usually used for baking) cause the taste difference is phenomenal!I swear by Amul’s Dark Chocolate line.I have made these brownies using the 70 percent Bitter Chocolate bar and the Mystic Mocha before and they were amazing.Although, if you are not a fan of dark chocolate feel free to use the milk chocolate or the 50 % dark chocolate.
A few tip to make the best Chocolate Brownie
-Always sift caster sugar.I learnt that the hard way.There are always lumps in it.
-Better the quality of your chocolate the better the taste.
-Use a parchment paper for this recipe while baking.The brownies will not come out of the pan otherwise.Again learnt that the hard way!
-You will also see a difference in the quality when you use better cocoa powder.I have been using Cadbury’s but am shifting to Hershey’s now.
-You can give your own personalization to these by adding chocolate chips,walnuts,hazelnuts,peanut butter swirls or cherries to it.
Serves: 8 large brownies
- 200 gms of chocolate-70 percent dark
- 250 gms or 1 cup Butter
- 80 gms or ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- 65 gms or ½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 360 gms or 1 ¾ cup Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts or over a double boiler if you have one.
- Sift the caster sugar,flour,baking powder and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate butter mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Break the eggs and whisk till you get a super silky consistency.
- Line the baking pan(otherwise these will stick )
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
- The test for the brownies is that they should have a firm exterior but a gooey interior. Its usually a little less cooked than a cake. The skewer inserted will not come out clean.
Make sure the bowl with chocolate doesn't touch the boiling water.
I have used the below products for making of these brownies which are easily available online.