I promise to start writing healthier blogs. For now bear with me as I have just regained my cooking mojo and I am eager to use it in the most decadent and delicious ways for sometime. After the longest time I am cooking so much which is funny cause I was literally jobless for 9 months with nothing to do than wait for baby V to arrive but I barely cooked then.
This is the cake I made for baby V’s second monthly birthday though at that time I was more interested in taking the baby’s picture than of the cake.
I have used bluebird instant whipping cream for this cake but i think this cake tastes the best with just fresh mango so I don’t recommend any frosting with it.
This is a vegetarian eggless sponge cake with chunks of alphonso mango in it. You can use any mangos for this cake. Use slightly tart mangoes in the cake and sweeter ones for the topping.
Serves: 1 kg
- 3 Cups flour(maida)
- 1 cup curd(i have used greek yoghurt with similar results)
- ½ cup oil(odourless vegetable oil)
- 1 cup diced alphonso mango
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cups Whipped cream(Bluebird instant whipped cream)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all the wet ingredients-curd,oil,vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix the baking powder,soda and flour together.
- Take half the flour mixture and mix well with the wet ingredients. Once incorporated add the rest and mix well.
- Add diced mango
- Pour the batter in a prepared pan. Bake at 180 degree for 40-45 minutes till the skewer poked into the cake comes clean.
- Cool the cake and top with whipped cream or sliced mangos as desired.