This is my goto recipe! When nothing works out these muffins save the day!! The great part about them is that the ingredients are very very simple and always at hand. There is no need of any butter or any cream of tartar or even frosting!!It’s amazing as it is! Heavenly chocolaty and gooey!
This recipe is egg less and takes maximum 10 minutes of work! The outcome is gooey dark chocolaty cupcakes! The clincher here is the milk with vinegar(split milk) which makes it OH so amazingly soft and moist!!I haven’t really eaten better chocolate muffins!
It’s the perfect muffin!
If you have time and ingredients at hand you can even make cupcakes out of it and frost it with chocolate ganache frosting and sprinkle some silver dust on it!
This particular day I didn’t have any heavy cream so I made it plain without any frosting and I made them huge!Also i am not a big fan of too much sugar so i have reduced the sugar by 1/4 part.In case you like it sweeter please add 1/4 cup of sugar more to your recipe.
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1 cup milk with one tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup boiling water
1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside
- Add one table spoon of vinegar in moderately warm milk and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Boil one cup of water and add in the dry ingredients.
- Next add the vegetable oil and the milk with vinegar and with a spatula or with a hand mixer combine all the ingredients
- The batter is a little more fluidier than normal muffin or cake batter.
- Line the dish with muffin cups and pour the mixture into the individual cups
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool on the cooling rack for 20-30 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve as it is or warm it up!
Note: After baking the bottom of the cupcakes will still be soft and look uncooked that’s why it has to be cooled well once and refrigerated for the bottom to set completely