If you have been following me on instagram you would know that I have started a new food regime. I am going to take this a week at a time by following the paleo diet during the weekdays and maybe go a little crazy during the weekends.
It would be the best if I could do the proper whole30 like last year again but it will be impossible with a baby. I can’t be too rigid with my food choices at the moment because one, I am providing nourishment to another human being and two ,taking care of that human being doesn’t let me have a schedule.Oh and there is a three..On days when he is cranky i can’t even enter the kitchen let alone eat properly planned paleo approved meals so ladies and gentleman it’s going to be called weekday paleoish diet.
Though this is a very very modified version of paleo I will try and stick to healthy food and not twist the paleo rules and make almond flour coconut sugar desserts cause that’s not going to do me any good.My main aim is to lose the post pregnancy food rampage weight.
Feel free to modify the recipe and do let me know if you think some other dressing works better with this combination.
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 Large Eggplant(Brinjal) cut lengthwise
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup of shredded Purple Cabbage
- 4-5 leaves of icebreg lettuce hand torn
- 1 Bunch of Rocket
- ½ Avocado
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Spray the eggplant with some olive oil on both sides.
- Switch on the grill pan.Heat it on high flame till the pan is hot and smoky.
- Place the eggplant slices on the hot pan and grill each side for 2 minutes.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the grill pan and grill for 1 minute.
- Assemble the salad.Place the salad leaves first.Add the grilled eggplant on top.
- Place the grilled tomatoes and avocado.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil,red wine vinegar and Salt.Drizzle over the salad when you are ready to eat