I haven’t made a whole lot of savoury muffins till now.I usually prefer baking a Quiche to a breakfast muffin but this muffin is right up my alley.
It’s made with Semolina or Sooji/Rawa and not with Maida or Flour so it’s definitely more healthy cause its less processed and it has no sugar cause its Savoury(silly!) so you get to save on the empty sugar calories too.
This is also a child friendly and baby friendly recipe.I omitted the salt in the recipe and gave it to my 10 month old and I can’t tell you how happy I was that he actually ate some of it instead of flinging it like a monkey.So thats a win!!
But the best part is yet to come.It doesn’t have eggs and is made from the humble homemade Curd.So its almost a baked version of Cheesy Rawa Idly.
I have used regular Cheddar Cheese instead of the processed cheese.I somehow have my doubts on the ingredients of processed cheese especially since I read somewhere(random I know) that processed cheese has more than 40% of non milk ingredients. Whhhat! I know!
You have a wide choice of vegetables which you can put in this muffin.I can vouch for peas, sweetcorn and spring onions.I will definitely experiment with beetroot and spinach puree too.
Serves: 8 muffins
- 1 cup Semolina
- ¾ cup Curd
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup of mixed vegetables- Peas/Carrots/Spring Onions/Capsicum
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Add the cud and water to the Semolina.
- Mix in the salt, grated cheese and vegetables.
- Prepare the Muffin pan with the muffin cups.
- Add the Baking Soda to the semolina mix.Using a spatula mix it well.
- Scoop in the mix into prepared muffin cups.Garnish with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-22 minutes.