“Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love” Rumi
I am usually not the one to quote lines but this one line has stayed with me.Looks like I am being taken by the tide towards full-time bloggerhood and so far I am loving every minute of it!
I am cooking everyday and am having a ball taking pictures of all the food.I am slightly concerned that I might be forcing food on my friends but that’s the hazard of blogging food that you eat!
This recipe was made to add some fun vegetarian protein in my diet.I didn’t think I will post it but I got such positive response on Instagram for this that I have decided to post this recipe anyways.I had these falafels with yogurt and some chipotle chilli’s,as a snack and in my lunch salad.
It’s very simple and super nutritious.Folks in india who use dried chickpeas/garbanzo(chole) have to soak it overnight.For people abroad using canned beans, just drain the liquid from the can and use the chickpeas as is.
You can use any spices you want for these. Make these Indian by adding a bit of channa masala and coriander to it.Add Italian seasoning for an Italian twist or make them using the original recipe
Serves: 20-24 small falafels
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Tahini (Sesame or Till paste)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 mild chilli chopped
- 2 flakes of garlic chopped.
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for brushing
- Grind the chickpeas in a food processor to a coarse consistency.
- Add the tahini,flour,chumin,oregano,salt and mix it in.
- Add the chopped onions,garlic and chilli.
- Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper
- Make small balls with your hands and place on the baking tray.Press lightly.
- Spray oil or brush it on each falafel ball.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.Increase the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes till they are golden brown.
- Add 1 tbsp oil on a nonstick flat pan.Heat the pan on medium flame.
- Place the falafels on the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.