This is not really a recipe but more epiphany.We Indians love our yogurt with our khichadi, as curd rice, as tenderising agent in most non vegetarian curries, in Kadhis, as Mishti Doi but this is something we didn’t think off.
I remember as a kid we used to make popsicles out of Rasna…well this is that but with yogurt.
There are two ways you can do it.
For the Lazy
Buy flavoured yogurt and freeze it in Popsicle molds.Stick some fruits in and wait for 12 hours.
Next day you can enjoy your own popsickle!
For the Enterprising
Puree your favourite fruit..mix with yogurt and put it in Popsicle molds and freeze.I like to also put some chunks of fruit as decorations cause I like them fancy..:D
The picture is of tri colour yogurt popsickles-strawberry,blueberry and mango flavoured store bought yogurt with kiwi and my new fruit discover- persimmon. If you follow me on Instagram then you will know that I enjoyed these on a child free night while watching a movie after probably 1 year!
They are surprisingly indulgent but healthy at the same time.
Serves: 4 servings
- 200 ml Flavoured Yogurt of Choice(I used strawberry, blueberry and Mango)
- ½ cup Fruits of choice
- Whisk the yogurt till its smooth.
- Layer the first flavour in the Popsicle or kulfi mould with a spoon.
- Slide in the fruit to the side if you want to decorate it.(can be skipped)
- Repeat the process with the next two flavours and fruits.
- Add the popsicle stick
- Freeze for atlas 6 hours.
- To unmould dip the mould in water and pull out.
You can use homemade curd also for this by handing it in a muslin cloth and removing the excess water.