Ever tasted those fancy dipping oils at the supermarket and go wohoooo! Well that happened to me but they were so darn overpriced that I just finished the samples and skedaddled.
One day on my morning jaunts to namdhari I found all kinds of fresh herbs and I bought them all on a whim. I got several bunches of fresh basil, thyme, rosemary & oregano with no idea of what I was going to do with them.
I did make a liter of my versatile Italian roast tomato sauce(recipe here) but I still had lots of the herb left.I was also high on my afternoon coffee and energized like a little bunny.
That was when I decided to season my cast iron pan and make herb oil at once! It was so easy that I urge all food lovers to make it!
It makes an amazing side with bread and you can use it to drizzle over pizzas(recipe here),pastas and herb chicken.
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 cup oil(preferably olive oil but vegetable oil will also work)
- 1 cup fresh herbs-oregano,thyme and rosemary
- 4-5 crushed garlic cloves
- Heat the oil on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.Make sure the oil is not hot enough that the herbs fry.
- Add the herbs and garlic and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Strain the herbs and garlic.Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
I used the below products for making this oil.You can easily find it on amazon through the below link.