Have been having a rough day today. The house has recorded an all time high frustration levels with the baby crying for something I can’t seem to comprehend, my lingering migraine and me unable to do any work cause he is clung to me like I am the mother kangaroo to him the baby kangaroo.Just want to add-I am extremely thankful for people who have devoted their lives in making mother’s lives and back a little load free.Kolkol people you have my eternal thanks!
Ok now that I have finished berating let me come to the actual point of this blog post. The amazingly scrumptious herbalicious butter garlic Chicken.
This was my evening snack yesterday, also dinner last night and breakfast this morning. The pictures unfortunately don’t do justice but the chicken was one silver lining in my crazy day!
I made a quick sandwich with the leftovers with some Dijon mustard and some veggies.At least in the whole chaos of feeding, cleaning, directing and giving a bath to the baby this was easy peasy and quick! So here is my suggestion-make lots of it and use it as a sandwich filler for the next few meals!
Serves: 3 portions
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 or ½ kg -Chicken thighs (preferably whole)
- 1 cup Chopped Fresh Herbs-thyme, oregano, rosemary-(combined)
- Alternatively 2 tbsp of mixed dry herbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic (yes loads of garlic!)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Lemon Juice-2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and heat.
- Place the chicken skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes till the chicken is a little brown/golden
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and the juices from the pan.
- In the same pan(without cleaning it!) add butter and place on medium heat.
- When the butter melts add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and saute.
- Add the herbs and salt.
- Finally add the lemon juice.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken.Bake at a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes placed on the top shelf of the oven.
I used the below products for making this oil.You can easily find it on amazon through the below link.