Only when you actually start making small things like mayonnaise you actually realise how unhealthy it is.1 tbsp of mayo should be equal to ½ tsp of oil which you usually dont even count.One tsp of oil in the form of mayo plus a deep fried patty,plus the cheese and a buttered bun makes the most rudimentary burger!And that’s a standard burger.
Yes my day started with making mayonnaise on my own using the Whole30 Basic Mayonnaise recipe. Even though i hated pouring the oil into the mixer, I still prefer making the mayonnaise on my own without the myride preservatives and stabilisers so I know what exactly I am eating.Atleast I wont act like a pigeon and eat loads of processed mayo with my eyes closed and still hope to maintain my health.
I know I am being a buzz kill but that said , the mayonnaise turned out to be pretty kick ass! Would you believe it’s just 4 basic ingredients-oil,egg,lemon and Salt!
Serves: 1 cup
- Egg-1 whole
- Oil-300 ml(I know!!)
- Lemon Juice-Half a lemon/1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add the egg,lemon and salt in a mixer.
- Switch on the mixer on the lowest setting and churn for 30 seconds.
- Add a trickle of oil. Churn again for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the process till you all oil is over and you get a fluffy Mayonnaise!