After mastering the pastry crust for tarts and pies I decided to make a savoury pie. It came out amazing!!But the only thing is I shouldn’t have made one one piece of it when there were more than ten guests expected (it didn’t last for even five minutes!)
I wonder why I hadn’t tried this before because it is pretty straight forward and you cant really go wrong with it.and the praises and love you get after totally justifies the time and effort it takes to make the perfect pastry dough. I decided to make enough dough to make two quiches have frozen one portion of it and how that turns out remains to be seen.
This is the most convenient for parties as this can be made ahead of time and stored in an air tight container or a zip lock bag. Before serving this can be microwave for a bit and you have the perfect dish ready to be devoured
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh cream
cheddar cheese-1 cup
butter-2 table spoon
- Blind bake the pie shell as given in the chocolate and caramel tart just omit the sugar and add seasoning instaed.
- In a pan sauté onions and mushrooms in butter till the mushroom turns brown.
- Spread one layer of grated cheese in the shell. Top this with the mushroom and onions mixture.add another layer of cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs,cream and milk.add salt,pepper and mixed herbs according to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers of cheese and mushroom.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes till the top is golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool before taking out of the pie pan.