Have been off the blogging scene for a while now…the reason is that I got a new job…an HR job..:D..I am loving it…we also shifted into a new flat last week!!Oh whattey pain it is to shift houses!!!Thank god for friends and packers!!!Eternally grateful to them…you know whats the great thing about shifting…you weed out the stuff that’s expired…that doesn fit you anymoreor the ones in which you no longer fit..:D…and other useless things that you have accumulated over time…
I asked one of my friends to take over the packing of my kitchen…She is the extra clean obsessive compulsive types (the good kinds..: D)…so I figured she will be the best person for it..: D…she was sooo excited about it that she shooed away the packers and did it all herself…and became sad when we unpacked without her..Anyways she did come later..: D to arrange things…She was amazing at it!!all my useless expired stuff went out of the window..
Hence here is the reason for being off the blogging scene! But I am coming back with a bang…Its amazing here! I have a beautiful huuuge kitchen and 3 balconies!!The lighting is so good that my pics come out amazing without trying much…
So one night…after long long long work day and a terrible traffic jam I reached home by 8pm…Decided that we will eat in today!!I decided enough is enough!!I have to use the parmesan that I got from coonnor!!So I made pasta…with grilled veggies and parmesan…in tomato sauce…i didn’t have any sophisticated pasta with me so I just used the elbow pasta…or the Gomito pasta…
I made it in my staple pasta sauce made from tomato puree, red onions, milk and obviously my parmesan..:D..i generally do not put so much butter and olive oil but this first pasta had to be special!!
I normally just put the veggies inside the sauce when they are cooking but I decided to grill them on a skillet with some olive oil this time. I used mushrooms, zucchini and some capsicum…all grilled and charred a bit on the hot skillet. Next time I am gonna use some grilled aubergine too! Its yum when grilled with olive oil!
Anyhow…here it goes
8-9 button mushrooms-roughly chopped
1 big capsicum-sliced
1 small zucchini-thinly sliced
Olive oil-2 table spoon
2 red onions-finely chopped
Tomato puree-2 cups
Parmesan shavings-as much as you like!!!
Milk-half a cup
Salt to taste
Mixed dried herbs-1 table spoon
Pasta-2 ½ cups
3 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a big pan add the butter and the olive oil.
- Add the onions and cook until light pink.(do not let it become brown).Add the tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Slowly add the milk while stirring constantly.
- Add the parmesan and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the salt, herbs and garlic and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Pasta and veggies
- Boil enough water to cover the pasta.When the water comes to boil add the pasta. Boil till soft and twice its size. Take out of water and Drain well.
- In a skillet add olive oil and heat. Place the zucchini slices and grill them. Make sure they are not over lapping. Turn the sides when brown.
- In the same skewer grill the mushrooms and capsicum.
Add the veggies and the pasta to the sauce. Mix well.
Garnish with parmesan shavings on top and serve hot…
PS: I like the slightly cold version..: D