My habit of throwing random things together and cooking as resulted in another amazing recipe.It’s relatively healthy and totally refined ingredients free.I can’t say it’s diabetic friendly though it doesn’t contain any refined sugar or refined flour but the dates are pretty heavy on sugar so it should be consumed in moderation.
These oat bars are definitely healthier than store bought protein bars and biscuits.It’s toddler and kid friendly and best of all it stores well.I carried these with me while travelling alone with baby and these were very handy.
You definitely need a strong blender for this recipe.
On another note I am trying to make sourdough bread.Today is the day 3 of my starter and it’s already bubbling.I am wondering if it’s because of the indian weather or I am just plain lucky.If you have any experience with making sourdough bread in india please do share!
Serves: 15 bars
- 2 cups instant Oats
- ½ cup seedless dates(pressed)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or Honey
- Add the dates,peanut butter,coconut oil,maple syrup in the food processor and pulse till it combines.This might take more time than anticipated as the dates get very sticky.
- Add half the oats and pulse again till combined.
- Take out from the processor and combine the rest of the oats with the mixture by hand.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Prepare a baking tray.Line it with baking paper.
- Press the mixture into the tray evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cut them into squares or bars once they are cool.
I used the below products for making this recipe.You can easily find it on amazon through the below link.