My friend’s son loves my roasted tomato sauce with his spaghetti.He started eating this on his own by 7 months of age and on his fussy days this is my friends goto meal for him.
Only catch being that the sauce takes prior planning and at-least 1 hour of oven time.
I love the roasted tomato sauce to bits and this sauce doesn’t have the same depth of flavour bought by slow roasting the tomatoes, but this is way more quick and easy to make and soooooo much better than the bottled nonsense.
It takes 20 minute start to finish and I am being conservative here.
I am sure you will find the cream laden recipe versions of this sauce on the net but if you keep your ingredients fresh I don’t feel the need of any added cream.But if you are feeling especially lucky and can afford to put on a few by any means be my guest and add a glug of fresh cream to it before giving it a whirl in your food processor.
I have made a video version of the sauce.Hope it helps!
Serves: 500 ml
- ½ kg Cherry Tomato
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tbsp Herbs-Fresh or dried-Basil,Oregano,Thyme
- Heat your flat pan on the medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes to the dry pan.Whirl them around for about 5-10 minutes till the tomato start getting charred and bursting.
- Squish the tomatoes with a spoon.Add Garlic cloves.
- Add butter.Cook for another 10 minutes till the tomatoes disintegrate and look squishy.
- Add salt and the herbs.Add 2 tbsp cream if you want at this stage
- Let the sauce cool down a bit.
- Once it has cooled puree it into a quick sauce.
Looking for more sauce and pasta recipes?Try below