I had a jar of raisins just lying on my dining table waiting to be eaten. Their luck was almost running out when I decided to give them a new life!
Made some easiest and healthiest cookies with oats,raisins and some dried apricots.If you don’t have apricots or raisins you can use other dry fruits too.Dried black grapes,dried figs,dried apples will all work here.
These are the easiest oatmeal bars or cookies made with just 6 ingredients.I made them in a jiffy while baby V slept!
These tick multiple boxes!
- They can be made vegan(use maple syrup instead of honey)
- They are great for kids and toddlers.Also a great weaning food for babies(substitute date syrup instead of honey)
- They are healthy and diabetic friendly
Serves: 10 bars
- Oats-1 ½ cups(i used Quaker)
- Raisins-1/2 cup
- dry apricot-1/2 cup
- Coconut oil-2 tbsp
- Honey-2 tbsp(can be taken up to 4 tbsp for those with sweat tooth)
- Cinnamon-1 tsp
- In a blender, pulse the raisins,apricot,coconut oil,honey and cinnamon. It shouldn’t become a paste but just combine.
- Add the oats and again pulse.Again you don’t have to make a paste but just combine everything into a rough dough.
- Prepare a sheet pan.Line it with butter paper. Flatten the oats mixture using your fingers to about ½ cm thickness.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes till it turns slightly brown.(this burns easily so keep an eye)
- Let it cool for 10 minutes. Stick it in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Cut bars using a sharp knife.
ir?t=foodcow-21&l=am2&o=31&a=B00QPS8BAW” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ />