Have you been hypnotised with those cookie being adorned with icing on Instagram? As if those cute little edible snowflakes cookies aren’t pretty enough they are buffed, painted and brushed with gold dust to make them look more an ornament than a cookie.I would never eat such pretty cookie!okay who am I kidding..I will definitely eat those pretty cookies.
Seeing all those videos I ordered myself a bunch of cookie cutters last year and kept on adding to my stash till my husband discovered my secret cookie cutter hiding place and decreed that I cant buy speciality cutters any more.agghhh.Life is tough!
So here I am with a zillion cookie cutters and a ban on buying any further and I realise that I don’t have a post with a recipe for these cookies.
Nothing that cant be remedied immediately !
The cookies rise lightly when baked but stay in the same shape overall so it’s a great recipe to go to town with all your weird cookie cutters -stars,spades,trees,clouds,onsies,baby and all your flowers.If you don’t have cookie cutters don’t sweat it..you can make square cookies or diamond cookies by cutting them with a sharp knife.
The recipe is an old classic.I haven’t tried to adapt it to make it healthy so it has all the usual suspects-All purpose flour,Sugar and Butter.They are delicate caramel buttery little darlings perfect at an afternoon soiree.Pure and simple Joy with tea!
Serves: 20-25 cookies
- 1 Cup Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg at Room Temperature
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or paste
- 3 cups Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- Icing Sugar for dusting while Rolling
- In a stand mixer or with hand mixer,Whip the soft Butter till the colour changes and the butter becomes pale.Around 3-6 minutes based on how soft the butter was.
- Add in the Sugar and cream sugar and butter together for 3-6 minutes
- To the butter and sugar mixture ,Add in the Egg and Vanilla paste.Combine well.Do not over Mix.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder directly on top of the butter sugar mix.Combine.
- Add Milk.Combine into a dough.Adjust milk as per the dough-if its too dry or wet.
- Divide the dough into 2 halves.Cover and Refrigerate the Dough for 2 hours minimum.
- Roll out the dough with the help of icing sugar.Cut shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees till light brown.