Before I became a mother I was extremely judgemental, forever judging parents of small children for not putting in enough effort to dress up…judging their kids for their runny noses,loud shrieks and haldi stains.
But after having a baby my world has truly changed.I have started to understand the back stories now,the poor hassled mothers who have no time to get frivolous things like a haircut or a manicure when she knows that she shan’t dare keep her hair open lest the little ninja will immediately launch an assault.And the countless diaper changes and washing goop off the baby’s face leave only for enough time to brush their teeth and wash hands…Forget manicure..Paucity of time not money drives every decision…every indulgence.
Speaking of saving time..have you tried the traditional products from Kalchi?I have recently written a review about their products which you can check out here.These products couldn’t have come at a better time for me.Inspite of being insanely busy I love having people over at home.Till sometime back these roasted potatoes have been my goto recipe for an appetizer for big parties because of the ease with which they come together.I decided to amp these up a bit with some chicken keema and cheese.
This dish comes together in a few minutes without much fuss..I would have made my own keema but since I have discovered the chetinnad chicken spread from Kalchi I have become extremely partial to it.Its my goto filling for dosas and parathas for a quick weekday indulgent breakfast.Notwithstanding the convenience of this product ,the taste and freshness is unrivalled any such bottled product.
I have used baby potatoes, also known as new potatoes in this recipe, which make for great individual bites.Though if you are running on a tight schedule use large potatoes which can be cut at the time of serving.The cooking time will change accordingly.
Stay in touch with me on Instagram and Facebook
Serves: 20-25 individual servings
- 2 Cups Par Boiled Baby Potatoes
- ½ Cup Chicken Keema(Try Kalchi)
- ½ Cup Mixed Grated Cheese
- ½ tsp Melted Butter
- Coriander for garnish
- Cut the potatoes into half.Scoop out the middle to create a cavity.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking tray with the scooped side down.Brush with melted butter and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 180 degree.
- Remove from the oven.Spoon in a little keema on each potato half and top with some cheese.
- Preheat the oven at 240 degrees(of the highest it goes in your oven) and place the tray with potatoes on the highest rack.Bake for 5-8 minutes till the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
If you are new to baking check out my post on how to bake here