Seasons change and with them the produce-Moving from the juicy mangos to berries to stone fruit and finally now to apples.This cake celebrates the start of fall with apples and cinnamon.
There is no other spice which infuses warmth as cinnamon does.In my book cinnamon can be paired with anything be it chocolate,oranges or coffee or lemon.I love it in my curries,my cakes and my coffee!
It’s also the trending weight loss ingredients for the moment!My mom says I should have a tsp of cinnamon with warm lemon water in the morning and it will keep my blood sugar stable.For now I will have it in my cake.Thankyou please!
This cake is an amalgamation of everything good.It’s the best thing that can happen to you on a rainy day.This cake slightly warm and a cup of coffee is all I ask for!
As if apple and cinnamon was not enough the caramel sauce is just so comforting that it’s a food version of a cosy blanket.If you are wary of making caramel don’t be.This is the easiest caramel in the history of caramels.I have used brown sugar to make the sauce which makes it ever so easy to get the perfect wintery brown caramel.
Serves: 1 kg
- 3 cups All purpose flour or maida
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup oil/Melted Butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- 2 finely chopped apples
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Measure and mix the flour,baking soda,salt,cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream the butter/Oil and brown and white sugar together.Add the vanilla extract
- Add the sugar mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Break and mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the milk and combine.
- Mix in the apples.
- Bake in a prepared pan for 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take the pan out and cool for 10 minutes.Take the cake out of the pan after 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the ingredients of the glaze and cook on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- The sugar should have dissolved and the consistency should be pourable but thick.
- Once the cake has cooled down pour the glaze over the cake and serve warm
If you are making any changes keep an eye on the baking time as it may change.
If you love cinnamon like I do you will love the recipes in the below links!
And I am officially crushing on the below range of pans.Just putting it out there if anyone wishes to buy me a gift..:D Actually anything from Nordicware!