This particular muffin was more of an experiment that came out well than a proper recipe! It’s extremely easy and the result is mind-blowing! It’s so easy to make that I wonder why I didn’t think of it sooner! It’s almost the same recipe as my goto chocolate muffin recipe but I have just reduced the sugar by one forth and substituted it with candied orange instead and voila! Chocolate orange muffins!
For those who love the combination of chocolate and orange this is a hedonistic Extravaganza!!Nothing could satisfy one more than these! Next time I will put a bit of orange frosting on them to enhance the taste further!
The result is gooey chocolate muffin with small bites of candied sweet and sour orange.
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup candied orange
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1 cup milk with one tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup boiling water
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside
- Add one table-spoon of vinegar in moderately warm milk and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Boil one cup of water and add in the dry ingredients.
- Next add the vegetable oil and the milk with vinegar and with a spatula or with a hand mixer combine all the ingredients.
- Add the candied orange and mix well.
- Line the dish with muffin cups and pour the mixture into the individual cups
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool on the cooling rack for 20-30 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve as it is or warm it up!
Note: After baking the bottom of the cupcakes will still be soft and look uncooked that’s why it has to be cooled well once and refrigerated for the bottom to set completely