You know how everybody keeps preaching that you should eat beans but don’t really tell you how to really cook them..Well I am here to fill that lacuna with Chicken and Beans in Green Olive Tapenade.
This recipe has chicken but you can easily replace it with paneer or Soy.On a sidenote-the soy in the market is amazing now.Not like the hard pieces of cardboards that were sold around 10-15 years back but actually soft silky soy so definitely give it a try!
Coming back to this Chicken and Beans in Green Olive Tapenade dish..Its a milieu of too many thoughts…I wanted to eat something healthy yet filling..hence the protein-Chicken.I wanted to use up the beans in my fridge and I wanted to make a tapenade.
Tapenade is usually made with olives and capers but I didn’t have capers so I didn’t use them.I used Green Olives,basil and olive oil to make it.And cause I am Indian and we love our zing, I added a bit of chilli to it too.
The beans…Oh the beans..I won’t lie to you but this is the first time I have loved beans! Till date I have been merely tolerating them but this dish has made me a staunch paramour of beans.Its not cause of the beans in themselves but the way I cooked them.You need a strong hand with them.
The pan has to be blazing hot and smoking when you put the olive oil in and blister the beans.This method takes about 3 minutes to blaze and blister the beans to perfection.
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 Chicken Breast-diced
- 10-12 French Beans Ends Trimmed
- 7-8 Green Olives
- 10-15 Leaves of Basil
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil-Divided
- ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Salt
- Heat the pan.Once it starts smoking add the oil.
- Add the Chicken breast and cook for 4 minutes.Keep changing the sides.
- Meanwhile Add basil,1 tbsp of olive oil, olives,salt and chilli in a blender and make a coarse paste.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.Add the left over 1 tsp oil once the pan is smoking.
- Add the beans and toss them around till blistered to perfection.
- Add the cooked chicken and the tapenade. Saute to coat everything with the tapenade.
- Serve Hot