Here is presenting to you my most priced recipe of Healthy Banana Bread without Butter or Oil.
I can’t believe this recipe! There is no sugar, no oil/butter and no refined flour but it is crazy delish!!!!I used normal Roti aata- multigrain flour but any whole wheat flour will work in this cake. You want to ask me the downside here right?
There ain’t none! The cake is moist,light,magical and you can’t help but gobble it up!You can eat this healthy banana bread for breakfast or as a tea time snack.It’s a great snack for kids too because it has bananas and curd and everything nice!(okay I tried my hand at rhyming but I am clearly very poor at it!).
The ingredients are very basic and are available in every household.This is one of those cakes which can be made on the fly and is definitely a penny saver.
If you omit the chocolate chips and add dry fruits instead this Healthy Banana Bread without Butter or Oil can be made every more healthy.I was feeling guilty when I ate (almost the the whole loaf in 2 days by myself )but then I had to remind myself that this didn’t have any crappy ingredients in it!!So why the hell not!!Let’s make another one!:D
So my husband loves bananas.I am told as a kid he used to eat bananas between his cricket matches when other kids used to drink water.So the equation here is banana=water for my hubby.But he only eats a specific type of banana and it cannot have more than two or three black spots.If the banana is remotely ripe he will reject it and I am left sitting with bananas!
Now I have cracked a healthy banana loaf recipe I am going to make this every time i have ripe bananas sitting at home.
I used greek yoghurt but normal dahi/curd will also work.More ripe the bananas the sweeter the cake , so you can omit or add maple syrup/honey/date syrup accordingly.
Before you guys dive in and run to the kitchen to make this amazing Healthy Banana Bread without Butter or Oil and save all your over ripe bananas- Also take a look at my other banana recipes –Healthy Banana Raisin Muffins,Chocolate & Banana Bread Pudding & Baked Banana Chips
Serves: ½ kg
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (160 g) plain Greek yogurt/curd/dahi
- 2 medium-size, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups whole wheat flour/aata/multigrain aata
- ½ cup chocolate chips/dried fruit/nuts(optional)
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup/honey/date syrup/1/4 cup sugar(optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Mix the mashed banana,eggs and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add the sugar/maple syrup.This is an optional step and can be omitted for a healthier option.
- Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well.
- In a prepared loaf pan pour the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.Check the cake at 30 and 40 minutes to see if it is too brown from the top.If the top is burning but the inside is not cooked ,cover the top with aluminium foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Cool,slice and enjoy