Is peanut butter an acquired taste?I remember trying it as a child and not liking it at all.Maybe it was too new a texture and taste back then but now I am obsessed with it.I love my homemade sugarless peanut butter with apples and bananas, adding it to my oat bowl and baking with it.
Have you tried homemade peanut butter with chocolate?Though I am a recent fan of strawberries dipped in chocolate but there is no comparison(in my book) with the awesome combination that is peanut butter and chocolate.
I feel miffed at myself for missing out on this amazing creation for 25 years of my life though if I hadn’t ,I cant imagine the number of jars of these I would have emptied!and the cost!! and the sugar!! and the preservatives!!ugghhh
That’s the price we pay of buying packaged food.
But we can’t make everything we eat, eat,constantly living in fear of artificial additives and colours but there are certain things like peanut butter and almond butter which are just plain stupid to make and there is absolutely no need for us to spend money on buying these.This Homemade Sugarless Peanut Butter takes 20 minutes start to finish to make these and they last a good 3-4 weeks in the fridge.
Whats the best thing about making Homemade Sugarless Peanut Butter is that it doesn’t need any added sugar or oil.Read on the recipe below to understand more!
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 Cup Peanuts-with the brown skin
- Roast the peanuts in a pan for 5-10 minutes on a medium flame till they are cracking but haven't turned dark brown in color.
- Alternatively you can roast them in oven for 8 minutes on 170 degrees.
- Let them cool for 2-3 minutes till they are not scratching hot but are still warm.
- In a food processor or the chutney jar of the mixie empty the warm peanuts.
- The Powder Phase
- Start grinding the peanutes. In the first 2-3 minutes the peanuts will turn into a powder.
- Scrape the sides and keep grinding.
- The Paste Phase
- In the next 3-5 minutes the peanuts will turn from a powder to clumpy paste.This is when they start releasing their oil.
- The Butter Phase
- As you keep processing the peanuts at around 5-8 minutes the peanuts will turn into a silky butter.You can stop now or continue to process for 2 more minuets if you prefer a very very smooth peanut butter.
It is also less sweet than the bottled versions.