I love eggs..I love them cause they are easily available.There are a million things you can do with them.They can charm any leftovers into over performing. They are healthy and filling.You can bake them,boil them,nuke them,fry them..ah the list is endless.For the sheer convenience these are the best food for people with limited time or skills in kitchen!
There is a speciality egg restaurant here in Bangalore called The EGG Factory. They have the most mindblowing unheard of egg options!!!Its the best place you can go to for a Sunday Afternoon Brunch which serves you good quality healthy food. From Egg and Toast to Egg Filled Cannelloni in tomato sauce to my all time favorite French Toast with Blueberry and Cream Cheese filling there are over 40 dishes that I promise will win you over! I OverDose on this place and the fact that their new branch has opened a kilometer from my house just ROCKS my world! One of my recent finds in this place was a dish called Akoori which is Parsi Scrambled Eggs. It is an amazing Indian version of scrambled eggs which take 5 minutes of prep and 5 minutes of cooking!
All your midnight cravings and hunger pangs can be satisfied with this recipe.You don’t have to haunt the local roadside joints for amazing indianised scrambled eggs anymore cause I have discovered the most efficient way to make this in your own kitchen.
The magic ingredient here is ..wait for it…H2O..or water..yeah..i was surprised too!
You can toss some torn apart bread in this recipe for a heavier version of this recipe.To make it healthier feel free to add any veggies with it.
- Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder-1/2 tsp
- 1 Fresh Green/Red Chilli-Small-Chopped(1 tsp)
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Oil or Clarified Butter(Ghee)-2 tsp
- Coriander leaves-5-6 sprigs
- Whole Cumin-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Salt to taste(1/2 tsp)
- Heat the pan on medium Flame.Add the oil or clarified Butter.Heat the oil for 5 seconds.
- Add the Cumin,wait for it to splutter,add the onions and the fresh chopped chilli(if you are sensitive to chilli you can omit it).Cook the onions till they turn slightly brown.
- Add the coriander powder,turmeric,chilli powder and salt.Saute for around 4-5 seconds.Add tomatoes just before the powders start to burn.
- Saute for around 10-15 seconds.Add 4 tablespoon of water and cook the onion tomato mixture for next 1 minute.
- Break and add the two eggs. Scramble and cook for next 1-2 minute.
- Switch off the gas when the mixture still looks a little watery.(The eggs will keep cooking for some more time)
- Sprinkle in the fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with toast or parathas if you are feeling too nostalgic and if you are on whole30 eat it as it is.