My search for quick and easy protein elements to my lunch and dinner led me to this chicken. I need to keep on reinventing chicken with different flavors and textures otherwise I get bored.Due the recent guest in my household aka Gestational Diabetes , I have to make sure I include plenty of protein in my diet so that I maintain my blood sugar between meals.
This recipe is especially for people who appreciate subtle flavors. A simple combination of 4 ingredients lends it its beauty. It’s basically chicken breast marinated overnight in generous amounts of Jalapeños, lemon and coriander or parsley and pan fried to a juicy perfection.
If you are on your whole30 or paleo this makes a good meal option with some veggies. I however mixed it up with some Indian food-2 whole wheat Rotis, masala channa (chickpeas),capsicum curry and yoghurt with grated bottle guard.
Serves: 1 portion
- Chopped Jalapeño - 2
- Fresh Chopped Coriander or parsley-1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice-1/4 cup
- Chicken Breast-1
- Salt to taste
- Oil to Pan Fry
- Mix the chopped jalapeño,coriander or parsley and lemon juice with some salt in a zip lock bag.
- Marinate the chicken overnight if you have time or for 10-15 minutes at the least.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame.Add oil to the pan.
- Gently place the chicken on the hot pan and pour over the marinade on it.Let it brown for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.Cover and cook for additional 2-3 minutes till the chicken feels firm.