Warning!!-these are addictive and you can stop with only a bowl
These crispy roasted chickpeas deserve a post of their own.Making these was an afterthought to the pumpkin laksa that I have pinned on my pinterest board few days back. As is clear from my multiple warnings on various social media these are addictive and I enjoyed them more than the main dish.
For all you NRIs you don’t have to wait for relatives to get indian snacks. For all you dieters,you don’t have to consume weird soy based processed crisps. For all you serial snackers, these will never make you feel guilty! Chuck the ugly tasteless sprouts and eat these!
You can decide the flavours based on your palate.Roasting garlic along with the chickpeas gives it a very subtle flavour of garlic.I ate half of them without any salt straight from the oven while taking pictures and spiced the other half with peri peri spice mix.
- Dry Chickpeas-1 cup or Canned chickpeas-1 cup
- Garlic cloves-4-5
- Olive oil or any other oil-1tsp
- Dry Chickpeas-If you are in india then you will get the dry packaged chole/Chane or chickpeas.Soak these in water overnight.
- Canned Chickpeas-If you are abroad and using canned chickpeas you can just drain the liquid ,pat the chickpeas dry and use them.
- Line a baking tin with butter paper.Toss the chickpeas and garlic in oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle peri peri spices or just salt and chilli powder and enjoy