This is how my brain worked for this salad
Criteria : Be a Super Food (or be decadent and Hopefully Crunchy!)
What do you get? Kale, Quinoa, Avocado, Apple. Remember an apple a day keeps the doctor away?
Put them all together maybe add some feta or cashew cheese or plain old Paneer and add some crispy ham for extra love! There is your salad!
Dressing you ask? Fine put some of my herb oil, salt and Red wine vinegar and take it and go now!
Here is your high nutrient healthy Super Foods Salad!
For all you Kale non believers -I can’t even begin to tell you how nutritious these humble greens are! One thing I have noticed is that it clears up my skin like no other food or cream! Don’t believe me try it yourself?!
If you want to know more about this wonder green read my friend Dana’s article –26 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Kale
- ¼ cup sliced ham
- 1 cup Kale
- ½ cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 Avocado-diced
- 1 Apple-sliced thin
- Feta to sprinkle/replace with cashew cheese or paneer as per your preference
- 10-12 Cherry Tomato-Halved
- 1 tbsp My Herb infused Oil
- Salt to taste
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Heat a pan.Add the sliced ham in the pan and saute on high flame till its brown and crispy.
- Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions.Cook it al dente to maintain the crunch.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- As with any salad put the lettuce-Kale in this case at the bottom.
- Add the apple,avocado,cherry Tomatoes.Add the crispy ham.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing & drizzle over the Salad.
- Break the feta or any other cheese you are using with hand and sprinkle over the salad.
You can ordinary olive oil instead of my herb infused oil.
If you are using feta under season the dressing as feta has a lot of salt of its own.
The dressing should ideally be drizzled just before serving the salad as the lettuce usually wilts because of the added moisture.